VIDEO - The state Department of Transportation used a railroad crossing in Star last week to film a video about rail safety. The staged crash between a train and a remote-controlled automobile drew a large crowd on onlookers and emergency personnel. Crash dummies, cameras and data sensors were installed in the vehicle to help officials learn about the impacts from such collisions.
This is the first time a moving motor vehicle simulating a motorist’s attempt to beat a train to a crossing has been done in North Carolina. To date this year, there have been 21 crossing crashes statewide. Five of these were fatal and six resulted in injuries.
- Minor charged with murder
- Cooper isn’t ready to take North Carolina back into COVID-19 lockdown
- Story of a century
- KATHLEEN RANDALL
- Board sees site plans for East Montgomery High School
- Arrest video goes viral
- DONALD RANDALL
- Moving Day has arrived for MCHS teachers
- Public hearing on store/shooting range postponed
- RACHEL HORNE
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.